The 2017 NPC South Florida Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Championships will be held on Saturday, November 25TH, 2017 at the James L. Knight Center Ashe Auditorium in Miami, FL. The event will feature 26 great contests and is being staged by NPC South Florida, which is active in promoting fitness competitions throughout the region.
Mari Rendondo and her husband Sergio Pacheco run NPC South Florida and are dedicated to bringing the best shows and extreme athletes to South Florida fitness competitions. Mari is the official organizer and promoter for this event and she also is a big fan of Syfo.
“I love your product because it’s pure, doesn’t contain preservatives and it’s so tasteful. We recommend it to all our competitors,” says Mari. Mari encourages anyone looking to stay healthy and fit to try any of our delicious Naturally Flavored Sparkling Waters. Syfo is proud to be one of the sponsors for this event.
There will be live music entertainment featuring Xylene and tickets will be available at the door. For more information about the NPC South Florida Fitness Competition, visit www.npcsouthflorida.com.
Another recipe courtesy of Costco to delight your taste buds this summer. This recipe is perfect with Syfo Tangerine-Orange Naturally Flavored Sparkling Water!
8 ounces cold water
1 mandarin orange, cut into quarters 1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 cinnamon stick
Pour water into a glass; squeeze in juice from the orange. In a small bowl, muddle or crush the rosemary gently with a spoon. Add the rosemary to the water and stir in the cinnamon stick. Makes 1 serving.
Recipe adapted from the June 2017 issue of the Costco Connection.
This is the time of year for resolutions. Everyone makes vows to do things differently in the New Year, and as we all know, that resolve often begins to waver before the flowers bloom in spring. So how to see your resolutions through until New Year’s 2018? Syndicated Columnist Rebecca Turner has a great idea — map out a plan for each month of the New Year!
In her column, Rebecca outlines the resolutions or steps one can take each month for a healthier lifestyle. And her first resolution for January we couldn’t agree with more — replace sugary soda with sparkling water. Syfo Naturally Flavored Sparkling Waters come in four delicious flavors — Lemon-Lime, Tangerine-Orange, Peach-Pear and Wild Cherry — are so refreshingly healthy with no sugar, artificial sweeteners, sodium, preservatives or other additives that you won’t miss those syrupy soft drinks at all.
The steps Rebecca recommends for the rest of the year include:
- Eat more greens
- Limit bread consumption
- Set and tackle a fitness goal
- Buy fresh produce
- Go meatless at least one day a week
- Mix up your fitness routine with different kinds of activities
- Get every family member off to a good start with a high-fiber, protein-rich breakfast
- For snacks, put aside the junk food and go with more fruits and vegetables instead
- Replace candy with other treats for Halloween
- Transform your holiday recipes into healthier dishes.
We hope you make Syfo a part of your healthier 2017. You can read the details on all of Rebecca’s steps here.
Adopting a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be a major shift or a series of draconian steps of self-deprivation. Heath.com recently publshed this series of commonsense tips designed to help you tailor your diet and your physical activities for the maximum health benefit.
We would you like to pay particular attention to the first slide in this series about curbing your sweet tooth. Avoiding sweet treats is important of course, but sometimes it’s not only about dessert.
At times that craving can take the form of wanting a sweet drink in the evening when meals and even dessert are done. When that urge arrives, reach for a refreshing glass of Syfo Naturally Flavored Sparkling Waters instead. Our four delicious flavors — Lemon-Lime, Wild Cherry, Tangerine Orange and Peach-Pear — are satisfying, refreshing and contain no calories, sugar, artificial sweeteners, sodium, preservatives or any other additives. Here’s what Syfonatic Shayla E. had to say about how Syfo has worked for her:
“I want to let you know that Syfo has been a real life saver for me. I decided to start a diet that was pretty tough for me, but once I discovered Syfo, it was simple to stick to my diet! Syfo helped satisfy any cravings that I had for sweets or soda! The Tangerine-Orange and Wild Cherry taste amazing! I just bought 20 more bottles!! Thank you Syfo so much!!!”
Oh and by the way, slide 13 in Health.com’s presentation has to do with drinking water to stay hydrated instead of turning to energy drinks. Syfo does a pretty good job of that too.
Many people are under the misconception that fruit juice drinks are a healthier choice than soda, because fruit is good for you, right? But as this feature on Menshealth.com points out, even fruit juice that’s not a blend isn’t as nutritious as the fruit it comes from and can have plenty of sugar.
And some of the most popular fruit juice blends or drinks can be really bad for you. The Men’s Health piece names 10 of some of the worst offenders; highlights (or low-lights) include:
- Ocean Spray Cran-Apple — First two listed ingredients are water and sugar (never a good sign) and just 8 ounces contains 32 grams of sugar!
- Welch’s Mountain Berry — Despite the abundance of fruit pictured on the label, this blend is made with only 25 percent real fruit and 8 ounces contains 33 grams of sugar.
- Minute Maid Lemonade — There isn’t much lemon in this lemonade, weighing in with only 3 percent real lemon juice. A 20 ounce bottle contains a whopping 67.5 grams of sugar — more than a same-sized bottle of Coca-Cola — and is filled with a host of preservatives, fillers and artificial colors.
- SoBe Elixir Cranberry Grapefruit — Not really a juice at all, the only actual juice in this concoction is used as a coloring agent. So just like soda this is basically just sugar water and with a whole lot of sugar at that — 65 grams in a 20 ounce bottle.
- Tropicana Grape Juice Beverage — If being loaded with high-fructose corn syrup isn’t bad enough, this “juice beverage” has more sugar in a 15.2 ounce bottle than six scoops of Edy’s Rocky Road ice cream (72 grams)!
Mixed with your favorite whole fruit juice or straight-up, Syfo’s Original Seltzer and Naturally-Flavored Sparkling Waters are healthier alternatives. Our products contain no sugar, sodium, preservatives or artificial sweeteners, just 100% pure refreshment.